- How much does it cost to join and participate?
There is no initial enrollment charge. Most member companies will opt to pay on a month-to-month basis to participate. There is no long-term contract obligation. Call us for details. The ROI (return on investment) for joining is easy to calculate.
- What are the basic requirements for our company to join a Great Service Forums℠ session group? Is company size a factor?
The most important requirement for potential participants is a demonstrated commitment to developing their service delivery capabilities. Their absolute size is less important than their dedication to ongoing growth of their service-related business.
- Our company already belongs to a peer group for electrical contractors. How is a session group in the Great Service Forums℠ program any different from a typical peer group?
Unlike a contractors’ peer group, Great Service Forums℠ focuses solely on one aspect of the complete spectrum of an electrical contractor’s activities—namely, the success of its service department. It has a singular concern with the professional development of the service manager. The company’s designated representative is its service manager.
- In addition to our Service Manager, who else should attend?
Contractor Participants have the option to send the same person or send a different person each time. Because each of the three sessions each year has a main theme—Proven Marketing Techniques, Successful Operating Methods, and Financial Results Comparisons—each of which might pertain to a different staff member, contractors could send a different Second Representative to each of the three yearly meetings.
- What determines which Session Group we join and which meeting location we attend — Baltimore, Columbus, Denver, or Sacramento?
Great Service Forums℠ places participants in the Session Group that provides the best fit. Participants select their meeting location.
- What if two companies from the same hometown want to join at the same time?
Great Service Forums℠ will place two companies from the same hometown in different Session Groups. Participants will never be placed in a Session Group with a hometown competitor. Participants will have the option of selecting the meeting location they prefer—Baltimore, Columbus, Denver, or Sacramento—although they might have to await activation until a Session Group without a direct competitor is available.
- Why the two-day, noon-to-noon schedule?
Recognizing the time constraints on busy service managers, our program is designed to allow for travel to and from sessions, accommodate a very full meeting schedule, and permit those casual conversations that have been proven to lead to new business opportunities.
Have a Question?
Get an answer to any additional question by contacting us.